In this topic, students will investigate the factors that affect the rate of chemical reactions. The theory will be illustrated by a series of practical investigations.
Careful observation and recognition of patterns of behavior allows us to make predictions about the behavior of the natural world
C7. Chemical reactions
C7.1 Speed of reaction
- Describe the effect of concentration, particle size, catalysis and temperature on the
- Describe a practical method for investigating the speed of a reaction involving gas evolution.speeds of reactions.
- Describe a practical method for investigating the speed of a reaction involving gas evolution.
- Define catalyst as an agent which increases rate but which remains unchanged.
- Supplement: Describe and explain the effects of temperature and concentration in terms of collisions between reacting particles