In this unit students will learn about the human physiology, covering aspects ranging from digestion, transport (blood, nutrients etc.), defense against diseases, gas exchange, hormones regulation and homeostasis and finally reproduction.
The human body is coordinated by many organ systems working together to maintain homeostasis. A disruption in homeostasis can be threatening to the survival of the organism.
- Digestion and absorption
- The blood system
- Defence against infectious disease
- Gas exchange
- Neurons and synapses
- Hormones, homeostasis and reproduction
The detailed curriculum can be consulted here.
- POWERPOINT SLIDES - Topic 6: Human physiology
- LAB - Reaction time (DCP/CE)
- LAB - Heart Rate (DE)
- LAB - Influence of the breathing pattern on heart rate (DCP/CE)
- LAB - Measuring lung capacity (DCP/CE)
- LAB - Heart dissection
- LAB - Lungs dissection
- BLOG POST - Swearing as a response to pain