In this unit students are taught how to work safely in the laboratory. The expectations for Grade 8 Science students are explained in terms of performance and necessary equipment.
- Understands how a washing detergent works
- Understands the difference between a biological and non-biological detergent
- Can describe the advantages/disadvantages of different types of washing detergent
- Can explain the function of enzymes, perfumes and optical brighteners
- Gains experience of designing and carrying out an investigation to find the ‘best’ washing detergent
- Can describe the factors affecting the cost of detergents