To experience first hand what it is like to be a chemist, the students were invited to Dr. Suzuki’s Chemistry Lab to make green silly putty. In order to be successful, students had to:
- Listen to the instructions carefully.
- Stir their mixture super fast to make sure that it did not go lumpy, even when their muscles got tired.
- Knead the sticky mess so that it formed a ball.
- Clean up their area before the glue dried.
- We have some talented young chemists in Grade 1 and everyone was able to take home some silly putty at the end of the day.
Look at the photos to see how much fun was had in the Chemistry Lab!